Certificate II & III in Security Operations – Training
Risk & Emergency are affiliated with the best Certificate 2 in Security Operations – CPP20212 & Certificate 3 in Security Operations – CPP30411 Training Academy in Australia.
Australia’s First: Our Certificate 2 in Security Operations – CPP20212 is a leading provider of nationally accredited security training solutions with our course being the first in industry to be online for your convenience and efficiency.
As a Registered Training Organisation the courses we provide meet relevant QLD Licensing requirements for Security Officers and Crowd Controllers.
The benefits of undertaking training with us is that we provide employment opportunities to successful participants that meet the relevant selection criteria following completion of the course.
Certificate II in Security Operations course is endorsed by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading as meeting the training requirements to become a licensed Security Officer (Unarmed) and Crowd Controller. It is relevant to anyone wishing to become a Security Officer, Crowd Controller and/or Static Guard. If you are looking for a career in the Security Industry then one of our security related courses are just the thing for you, or maybe you simply wish to obtain a second job for extra income.
Certificate II in Security Operations will provide you with all the skills, knowledge and attributes required to work as an unarmed static and/or mobile patrol guard, a loss prevention officer working in retail, a crowd controller at clubs, pubs, sporting events and concerts, a control room operator or simply as a concierge.
One must hold a Security Licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading.To obtain this licence, you must have first completed this training course.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
KEY LEARNING AREAS
Communicate effectively in the security industry
Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
Work effectively in the security industry
Respond to security risk situation
Work as part of a security team
Provide security services to clients
Apply first aid
A current security officer (unarmed) licence holder, can apply for security positions such asStatic guard
- Mobile patrol officer
- Construction Site
- Shopping centres
- Resorts, universities
- Schools and a multitude of other areas
Your instructor’s goal is to provide you with the information and skills to become an effective and efficient security professional. Role-plays, scenarios, case studies, class discussions and real life experiences provide students with a positive learning environment. All of our partners instructors have current industry experience.
Each unit of competency complies with Police and/or State training authorities, Government licensing authorities, etc. All units of competency are nationally recognised and approved by the relevant licensing authority.
- Legal Studies Civil Law, Criminal Law, Negligence, Duty of Care, Courts, Arrest Powers, Trespass, Self Defence, Search, Questioning, Security licensing legislation
- Property Protection Major Incidents, How to Handle a Bomb Threat, Fire Procedures, Hazardous Goods, Foundations of Security
- Psychology Temperament Analysis, Group Dynamics, Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, Mediation, Body Language, Verbal Responses.
- Security Officers Duties, Mobile Patrols, Static Guard, Access Control, Retail Security, Alarm Response, Workplace Health and Safety.
- Crowd Controller’s Duties Hotels, Licensed Clubs, Night Clubs, Special Events, Concerts, Use of a Hand Held Metal Detector.
- First Aid CPR, Primary Survey, Secondary Survey, Bleeding and Wounds, Burns, Head Injuries, Shock, Medical Emergencies, Fracture Management, Poisoning, Bites and Stings.
Units of Competency
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2009A Give evidence in court
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
This course offers also incorporates the below units to enable participants to gain dual security licence status .
Additional Units applicable to Crowd Controller:
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive tactics
Additional units applicable to Security Officers:
- CPPSEC2007A Screen people
- CPPSEC2008A Screen items
- CPPSEC2013A Protect valuables in transit
It is a requirement for this course that students must have good verbal and written English skills. Students will be assessed for language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) ability and as such, must undertake a pre-course LLN assessment prior to enrolment. Any student identified as requiring assistance will be given help by their trainer to successfully undertake the course. Where the students LLN needs are beyond the capability of the trainer, a referral will be made to appropriate support services.
CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations
Assessments are contextualised and linked to the completion of various activities. Assessments may consist of practical demonstration, written questions and project work depending upon the unit requirements.
Become a Security Officer today
Certificate 3 Security Operations- CPP30411
This course will create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas of the security industry. You will gain critical skills required in developing and carrying out an operational plan, supervising and managing a small team for general security operations relating to the protection of people, self-defence and the defence of others. This course is recommended only for persons who already have a level of experience within the security industry.
Units of Competency
- BSBFLM303C – Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A – Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A – Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A – Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A – Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3004A – Lead small teams in the security industry
- CPPSEC3005A – Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A – Co-ordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A – Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC3013A – Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC3009A – Prepare and present evidence in court
- CPPSEC2011B – Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC3012A – Store and Protect Information
- HTLFA311A – Apply First Aid
Certificate 3 Guarantee (Queensland)
As part of the Queensland Government reform plan, the Certificate 3 Guarantee is designed to give eligible Queenslanders access to a government subsidised training place, leading to employment outcomes or to enhance career progression. For more information on the Certificate III program we recommend you watch the following video.
To be eligible to receive subsidised training, participants must meet the Eligibility Criteria:
Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, residing in Queensland
Be over the age of 18
Not be a secondary or full time student
Not already hold a post-school Certificate 3 qualification or higher
Not be currently enrolled in a post-school Certificate 3 or higher qualification.
Certificate III qualifications completed at school are not counted.
Employment status does not matter, eligible students may be jobseekers, or currently employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.
The Student Contribution fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to complete the qualification.
Course: CPP30411 Certificate 3 in Security Operations
Total: $50.00 for Full Qualification or $ 3.47 per Unit of Competency
Concessional students: Total: $30 for Full Qualification or $2.14 per unit Competency for concessional
Holder of a Health Care concession card
Partner or dependant of a person holding a Health Care or concession card
Holder of a Pensioner Concession card and your name appears on the card
A fee concession will apply when the participant is responsible for payment of the Student contribution fee.
When a Commonwealth Government agency (eg. Jobs Services Australia Provider) is using Government funding to pay fees on behalf of the student, then no concessions are to apply.
It is important that potential participants are aware that the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidised training is being provided for one qualification only.
Participants are advised to investigate the Course Outlines in order to make an informed choice about using the funding for the courses we are offering.
The following Nationally Recognised qualifications are available under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program:
CPP30411 Certificate 3 in Security Operations
Participants will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under this program once they have completed a Certificate 3 level qualification