Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
TAEASS401B, TAEASS402B, TAEASS403B, TAEDEL301A, TAEDEL401A, TAEDEL402A, TAEDES401A, TAEDES402A, TAELLN411, BSBCMM401A
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110, which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Qualification is issued by our RTO.
National units of competency
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation (imported elective)
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is a qualification which is highly valued by many employers and organisations. By obtaining this qualification you will develop the competencies necessary to perform the duties of a workplace and vocational trainer and assessor. Achievement of this qualification or an equivalent by trainers and assessors is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO). Students should be aware that this course focuses on delivering training within the VET (vocational education and training) environment. Students will also be able to apply this knowledge to a corporate industry training environment.
Why do your TAE with us?
- We walk the path, not talk it.
- we are highly experienced and applied, not just qualified.
- Like all our programs, our TAE program aims to get you in, teach you what you need to know as efficiently as possible, and allow you to walk away with a qualification.
- Unlike other providers, we don’t string you along with copious post-course assessments.
- With our program, if you are able to complete the work required and demonstrate competency, at the end of the two weeks you will receive your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
What will I learn?
- Skills to become an awesome Trainer and Assessor in the vocational education and training sector.
- Understanding and applying instructional design.
- Developing training sessions to engage your audience.
- Exploring and applying a vast array of facilitation techniques.
- Learning how to really unpack a unit of competence.
- Understanding what competency based training is all about.
- Developing assessment tools against the principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
- An introduction to managing language literacy and numeracy whilst preparing for and conducting your training sessions.
Is it hard?
- In order to meet the aim of getting you qualified in a short timeframe, our course is full on yet educational.
- That means we pack a lot into each day, and you will have homework to do at night!
- There are no shortcuts to success. Hard work and dedication over the two week program is required.
- This course will not suit those who want a casual approach to learning taking place over several months.
- You will have access to highly skilled and motivated Trainers and Assessors who have been in the VET training and assessment environment for many years. They will offer you an interactive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
Where could I go with a Cert IV TAE qualification?
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Industry Trainer & Assessor
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher.
- Upon enrolment you will be provided with access to an online learning resource.
- There will be some pre-reading and assessment for you to complete before attending the face-to-face training (up to 4 hours).
- You will be able to engage with other learners, have discussions, and ask questions.
- If you have completed all assessment tasks satisfactorily during the program, there is no post-course assessment. Some providers who withhold your certification while making you complete a host of tasks after the course has finished.
Each Trainee Must Provide
To be successful in this course you need to:
- Provide your own laptop computer
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be confident navigating with web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing and PowerPoint presentations).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- Be confident in speaking in front of a group – or at least willing to give it a go.
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire.
Contact us to discuss options on when, where and price…