Certificate III Mines Rescue / Fire Department & ESO / ERT Training & Services
Fire Department & ESO / ERT Training & Services
Certificate III Mines Rescue Course overview
Risk and Emergency.com offers emergency response team training that is specific to the mining industry and its unique environs. With some of Queensland’s largest mining companies as clients, we are is an experienced leader in emergency mines training with numerous years in industry.
Risk & Emergency (R&E) in consultation with the resource sector and experts within our company has developed a full Certificate III in Mines Emergency Response and Rescue (RII30713) course for above ground mining. The course focuses on developing highly specialised emergency response teams that can provide first response capability on mining sites.
The Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue is designed for individuals who wish to participate as part of a mine rescue emergency response team in an underground metalliferous mine.
The course focuses on developing highly specialized emergency response teams that can provide first response capability on mining sites. The course includes Site Safety, Fire Team Training, Breathing Apparatus, Hazardous Materials Management, Vertical Rescue, Confined Space Entry and Rescue and Road Crash Rescue.
All training is delivered by qualified fire officers who have first hand knowledge of emergency situations which offers real life learning experiences. Participants will have the opportunity to train at the R&E’s sourced specialised, purpose built training facilities and will experience realistic training environments under safe and controlled conditions.
The course specifically targets Emergency Response Team Members (ERTs) working in the mining and resource sector.
16 Competencies consisting of *5 core, 11 electives and 4 value added competencies. R&E has chosen the elective and value added competencies relevant to the job function of Mines ERTs in the above ground mining environment.
R&E also recommends additional training in incident management to complete emergency response capability.
To attend this course participants will need the language, literacy and physical skills to:
• Read and interpret a range of written information
• Complete relevant documentation
• Interpret and use verbal and visual communication
• Perform complex rescue operations at height, in confined spaces, on vehicles and at fire incidents
Duration and Delivery Method
This course is designed for face to face delivery. The competencies in this qualification are clustered into skill sets and can be delivered over a period of six months or continuously for 19 days. This approach allows the flexibility to cater to various industry environments.
Delivery will take place in simulated environments across various locations having specialty training facilities at locations. A blend of training methods will be used to simulate typical mines emergency response roles and responsibilities.
*Note: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid is a core competency within the course but is not included in the standard delivery option. Let us know and we can arrange training at an additional cost for participants who do not currently hold the First Aid certificate of competency.
Plus we can cover, deliver or develop the following:
- ERT & Fire Department Standard Operating Procedures
- ERT & Fire Department Safe Working methods
- ERT & Fire Department Recruitment Strategies (Inc. local and Indigenous)
- Smoking in the Workplace Policy and Strategies
- ERT & Fire Service Hot Fire Training Plans
- ERT & Firefighters Training Manuals (designed around normal vehicles, equipment and processes)
- ERT & Firefighters Study Manuals (be reassured the team are up to speed with underpinning knowledge)
- ERT Training Schedule – skills maintenance program
- ERT Vehicle & Equipment Schedule – Vehicle & Equipment maintenance program
- Station Routines
- ERT Rosters
- Toolbox talks: on Fire Safety at work and in the home (assists HSE)
- Children’s Activity Books – Themed: fire safety in the home