Certificate III Mines Rescue / Fire Department & ESO / ERT Training & Services
Fire Department & ESO / ERT Training & Services
Certificate III Mines Rescue Course overview
Risk and Emergency.com offers emergency response team training that is specific to the mining industry and its unique environs. With some of Queensland’s largest mining companies as clients, we are is an experienced leader in emergency mines training with numerous years in industry.
Risk & Emergency (R&E) in consultation with the resource sector and experts within our company has developed a full Certificate III in Mines Emergency Response and Rescue (RII30713) course for above ground mining. The course focuses on developing highly specialised emergency response teams that can provide first response capability on mining sites.
The Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue is designed for individuals who wish to participate as part of a mine rescue emergency response team in an underground metalliferous mine.
The course focuses on developing highly specialized emergency response teams that can provide first response capability on mining sites. The course includes Site Safety, Fire Team Training, Breathing Apparatus, Hazardous Materials Management, Vertical Rescue, Confined Space Entry and Rescue and Road Crash Rescue.
All training is delivered by qualified fire officers who have first hand knowledge of emergency situations which offers real life learning experiences. Participants will have the opportunity to train at the R&E’s sourced specialised, purpose built training facilities and will experience realistic training environments under safe and controlled conditions.
The course specifically targets Emergency Response Team Members (ERTs) working in the mining and resource sector.
RTO No. 45251
RII30719 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
This qualification replaces RII30719 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue. Qualification title amended to Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue to reflect broader scope of amended qualification.
Packaging rules amended to better reflect industry needs. Core/elective units amended to reflect skills required by emergency response and rescue team members in the resources and infrastructure industries.
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid, RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents and RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes added to core units. Native and imported core and elective units updated to current equivalent versions
Supersedes and is equivalent to RII30715 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
This qualification reflects the role of response and rescue team members who work in a mine site or a construction site, and perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications applied in a wide variety of contexts.People performing these roles may be required to exercise some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment and services and deal with contingencies
The course is delivered by training professionals who are seasoned and experienced emergency services personnel the program can be tailored to meet your specific workplace requirements.
Total number of units = 14 , consisting of 5 core units plus 9 elective units
- at least one (1) must be chosen from Group A
- at least five (5) must be chosen from Group B, of which at least two (2) must be coded RIIERR
- at least one (1) must be chosen from Group C
Up to two (2) may be chosen from the electives listed below, elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
The following core units are completed by all participants:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedure
- PUASAR022*Participate in a rescue operation
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- MAOMIR444 Develop incident containment tactics
- PUAEME001 Provide emergency care
- PUAEME002* Manage injuries at emergency incident
- PUAAMS007 Coordinate search and rescue operations
- PUAFIR207* Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAFIR324* Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR306* Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR022* Participate in rescue operation
- PUASAR024* Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR025* Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR027* Undertake land search rescue
- PUASAR032* Undertake vertical rescue
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR303E Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- RIIERR304E Control emergencies and critical situationsGroup C
- PMAWHS211 Prepare equipment for emergency response
- PUAEQU001* Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
*Note the following prerequisite unit requirements:
PUAEME002 Manage injuries at emergency incident
and its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAEME001 Provide emergency care
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipmentand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuitand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safeand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit and
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incidentand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operationand its Prerequisite unit(s) – HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescueand its Prerequisite unit(s) – HLTAID003 Provide first aid and PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescueand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident and PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUASAR027 Undertake land searchand its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
and its Prerequisite unit(s) – PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
Face to Face – 18 days
eLearning – pre-course work in eLearning and 10 days Face to face Practical
Plus we can cover, deliver or develop the following:
- ERT & Fire Department Standard Operating Procedures
- ERT & Fire Department Safe Working methods
- ERT & Fire Department Recruitment Strategies (Inc. local and Indigenous)
- Smoking in the Workplace Policy and Strategies
- ERT & Fire Service Hot Fire Training Plans
- ERT & Firefighters Training Manuals (designed around normal vehicles, equipment and processes)
- ERT & Firefighters Study Manuals (be reassured the team are up to speed with underpinning knowledge)
- ERT Training Schedule – skills maintenance program
- ERT Vehicle & Equipment Schedule – Vehicle & Equipment maintenance program
- Station Routines
- ERT Rosters
- Toolbox talks: on Fire Safety at work and in the home (assists HSE)
- Children’s Activity Books – Themed: fire safety in the home